I’ve been intrigued by anything indian for a few years now. The gorgeous textiles, patterns, bold colors, intricate wood carvings, and the signature indian arches. The combination of all of these elements bring such a special energy to any space; they feel wise, well-traveled, and deeply rooted.
If you’re wondering how you can give your room an indian feel try a few of these tips:
- swap out plain bedding with a bold color and intricate pattern
- hang an indian style lantern instead of a bedside lamp
- cover your floor with an oversized patterned rug
- paint wood furniture bold colors like pink or sea green
- incorporate carved wooden screens into your design
I really love that they use hot pink as a “neutral” in indian design. When I used to sell flowers, I would tell people that pink was for passion.. so why not be bold and passionate in design? ;)